Friday 5 August 2016

final blog before the crossing!

Well, I got here, on foot, Porlock to Brackley, Bourne/Edenham to Beal opposite Lindisfarne.

And tomorrow, Friday 5th. August, I'll be going over the pilgrim's causeway to Holy Island (barefoot and in shorts!)

When you read this, I'll be there, assuming I don't sink, and yes, we've checked the tide times.

As I write this another black cloud skids by and I Think, well I've had my ups and downs - losing (and then finding) my phones, wallet etc. Ups and down of walking, but not too many hills. in fact, I wanted to go up more in Yorkshire.Thistles, thorns, nettles, oilseed rape and corn, but also ridgeways, canals and finally coastal paths. Old railways, Roman roads and roadworks too.

It's like life, full of ups and downs, but with a final destination, and yet ...

The destination is in fact the journey itself
And the journey is, in fact, the destination.

See you back in Porlock, those of you who are near, soon

God bless

BIll and Daff

1 comment:

  1. Well Done to you Bill (and Daff, your support worker!), a great achievement for anyone. Soon normal life will resume and we hope to catch up with all the stories then.

    ReplyDelete