Wednesday 10 August 2016

Holy island blog 4

So what do I think?
Where am I now?
Am I on a boat at "sea with God"?
Have I arrived?

Or, yet another option,
Is the destination simply the journey?


Perhaps a better question is
What have I learnt?

But that sounds too "Latin" and not enough "Celtic"
For me, as I've been reading about the Synod of Whitby
And the Irish monks leaving Holy Island as a result.

So let's call them areas of potential growth instead.

Silence is one key area of growth - and one that'll contInure, I reckon.

A lightness of holding onto possessions (in a positive sense) is another.

Using imagination and allowing time to think and reflect another.

IF I wanted a rule to live by, which I don't yet, these would be a good start, if combined with an urgency to share God's Word in a hurting World.

I hope my blog is beginning to do this.
I hope my preaching continues to do this.
I hope my life will show this in action.

And yet in the area of relationships, there is so much to be done.
With people, I mean, leaving aside with God.
My goal must be to do the above within a context of developing,pastoral gifts,
finding time to be with folk.

My impatience with current management speak
And general wordiness seems to grow with a
"Celtic" worldliness.

I need to do what needs to be done,
But to concentrate on what is truly important

perhaps this will do for starters ...
BIll the arrived of sorts pilgrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment