Wednesday 10 August 2016

Holy island blog 1

SO now I'm here, what do I feel?

Overwhelmed, yet silent
Nothingness, yet pregnant with meaning.
Exhausted,yet exhilarated.
Filthy, yet being cleansed.

The Anglican Church St. Mary's is overwhelming too.
I need time to,take it in.

The Lawson statue dominates
(The one of the monks carrying Cuthbert's coffin)
And also needs to sink in.

Also beautiful fisherfolk carpet work copying so-called carpet pages out of the 
Lindisfarne Gospels.

God seems silent now and yet in the morning I know God spoke of the need to be 
God's servant.
"Having just had a long opportunity to do so",
The sense was "Go and tell".

So, like Mary after the Annunciation, I am obedient and
Treasure up these things in my heart.

But I need to learn from Aidan and go out Into the quiet lanes to preach the 
Good news; compel me by your Spirit,Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment