Monday 23 May 2016

A bull in a field

Our friends Rosie and Richard were amused that each day I'm keeping a tally of churches/pubs visited - today the pubs won- two to one!

My day started early as I had some catching up to do. After leaving the church at Wingfield which wasn't quite open, but the opener kindly pointed me in the right direction for the footpath. It started well, but soon I was wading through long wet grass to avoid a bull in a field who'd eyed me up and down. I then broke through a fence and crossed a stream to emerge into a housing estate on the edge of Trowbridge.

I was able to pray for a few churches as I passed through before emerging by the railway which then went under the canal and I had an idyllic walk along the towpath. saw two sets of ducklings and another heron (grey).

I was trying to equate my sense of wellbeing with the psalmist who wrote Psalm 88, who was clearly afflicted with a terrible disease or dying. I came to the conclusion that we need to accept the rough with the smooth - and particularly celebrate God things when they happen. I even found two pubs to have lunch in. However, later, I found the going was tougher, so I'd learnt my own lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I rest my case (see previous pub comments!)

    ReplyDelete