Tuesday 24 May 2016

Day 10 (Walk 9)

Psalm 89
I will sing of your steadfast love
as I look to your beauty in the skies.
Your heavens proclaim your faithfulness,
your covenant with me makes me realise ...
How faithful you are, to be feared, mighty, awesome
I can't see the sea you made, the earth is for you,
You save us with your mighty arm; righteousness,
steadfast love and faithfulness go before you.
How happy are those who walk in your way
You are the glory of their strength, their light.
In you our horn is exalted
 - you are our might.
In a vision you spoke to your faithful servant.
To David, the priestking, your chosen one.
I will strengthen him - my faithfulness will be with him
My right hand will be with him, his battles won.
His right hand will be on the seas and rivers,
he will call me his Father and his rock,
I will strengthen him, make his covenant stand firm,
his line will continue forever, kings will come from his stock.
But, despite all the above, my life is short, how long,
I cannot escape death, where is your love of old?
Your steadfast love, where is it, when enemies taunt me?
They taunt my footsteps, where's your love that I told ...
To others, of your love and mine?
Yet to them, to me, it's fine
I mustn't pretend, deny you never.
Blessed be the Most High, Lord for ever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment