Thursday 19 May 2016

Day 5 - Lecto Divina

Part 1 Today's blog is more of a " lecto divina" a la cave, "refectory road". Worshipping God in creation. Pane ntheism not pantheism, righteousness and peace have looked down and kissed each other.

Part 2 I have always loved this verse and its variants but never really understood it- having seen moor hens billing and dragon flies mating, I now have more of an idea. Love came down not just at Christmas, but in Christ for all, for all time and for all humankind. God's love is like the tender caress of a lover touching cheek and neck - the divine touching the mortal, the eternal touching the temporal.

Part 3 so- spiritual high today combined with physical low - so much to reflect on, such a struggle to arrive. Thats gods agenda.   Do not strive, I will bear your burdens, yet take up your cross and follow me. Its hard, but its easy- the paradox of following Jesus.

Part 4 I hadn't the energy to in up the tor so went to the George and Pilgrim instead! I've been there before, others may go, but what matters is to keep on my journey - and to see God in all - well - most things.   Today I found a deserted tow path brimming with wildlife and a solitary hide sheltering - both times to marvel - God has indeed bent down towards us. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't find a Friday blog but hope all went well. Meant to read out Friday at church ;however lots of people asking about your progress, sending their good wishes and praying for you and Daff. Hope next week goes well. Ann & Martin

    ReplyDelete