Saturday 21 May 2016

Day 7 - Radstock

Too exhausted to write anything much today (Sat). I got a bit damp. In fact writing this up in a pub north of Bath on Sun where it is pouring after a nice day. This was the end of the first stage, but ending at Radstock- not Bath or Wells I reckon I've done at least 60 or 70 miles, which means I'm over one eight of the way there, I can't believe it.

I meant to rest one day in seven, but I've just walked for seven days. I reckon God had some wise advice there!

Still I will be resting in Oxford at the right time.

Sadly couldn't make Wells evensong on Sun as at Barnstable for a morning Baptism followed by pub lunch, but am now able to meet up with Rosie and Riacahrd in yet another pub North of Bath.

Walking today (Sat) was a slog, but I enjoyed the bits of the Fosse way (between double hedges), but too much long grass, barbed wire and rat-run roads for my liking Still - managed to see another black heron!

Looking forward to Avebury and the ridgeway walk to Oxford.
pace, Pilgrim Bill

1 comment:

  1. A black heron? Wow! That sounds great, well spotted! .....another pub??? Really!! Nothing changes even on a pilgrimage does it! X

    ReplyDelete