Tuesday 12 July 2016

Blogs July 6,7,8

A short blog to try to convey a spiritual experience I've been having as I've travelled from York to Northallerton (not Ainderby Steeple, nearby). My latest stay with a free church family has been significant, as have two Bible studies on Jacob wrestling and Ruth meeting Boaz.

In the middle of Fri (8th) I found a hedge to sit under in the shade (echoes of the Jonah story for those who know the less famous bit) and felt God empower me  - partly to do with a  previous decision, partly thinking and praying about the Parish (of Porlock) - and by implication the Benefice.

In a nutshell it's both my JOB and my JOY  to be available for people.
Obvious stuff, really, but spoken afresh to me. 
In a way, I'm different to how I was before, 
perhaps I have been born over again, over again, over again!

I also had some thoughts on Poustinik/ia  - but they can wait.

This was written in Catterick after a tough walking day - details to follow 
- so it's not long before I  leave Yorks and go into County Durham. 
    Northumberland here we come!

God bless, Pilgrim Bill
(as I got used to Stephanie from York calling me)

No comments:

Post a Comment