Monday 18 July 2016

Durham blog

I was very moved when I arrived at St. cuthbert's Tomb in Durham CAathedral, particularly by a modern sculpture of the pieta carved in wood. I have said to a few that Imthink a little of my heart erstwhile in Durham.

IN the chapel of the tomb, which is quite simple, was this prayer from France on a card, which I have slightly adapted:

I do not know how to pray
I do not know how to pray
I feel I have little time.
SO?
THis candle I light is
Something of what I have
Something of my time
something of myself
that I leave before the Lord.

this light which shines
Stands for my prayer
That I continue to offer
Even as I leave this place

Perhaps we can use this in Porlock church when I return, or before.
IT speaks to me.

God bless, Bill the Porlock pilgrim now in bishops Auckland

No comments:

Post a Comment