Monday 27 June 2016

BLOG 10

Today I left Sally and Geoff who have been marvellous – sally drove me to north of Snitterby (I’ve forgotten the name of the village already) and I fought through corn and nettles to the new river Ancholme – I even reported a footpath near impassable to Lincs council – who seemed to want to know such things.
 
Once on the river, most of the walk was easier, but I still had some difficult bits – I kept trying to sing “down by the riverside” to keep my spirits up. ( I hoped to write a little of the song with some of my experiences for the schoolchildren, but it somehow got lost).
 
Brigg’s best forgotten – full of pubs, chips shops (with chips cooked in beef dripping) and a shut church.
 
When I finally left the river, I had aching feet and twisted sandals – but I made it up to the church at Worlaby on time only to find a hitch-up with my pick-up. After my initial panic, a very welcome Brian turned up to take me home to him and his wife, Karen. Despite being a little bemused by my diet, they coped with me admirably.
 
I was happy to leave my walking experiences – down by the riverside.
 

1 comment: