Friday 17 June 2016

Blog 6th June


(1)Today is my first day of travelling to resume my blog - by car, coach, tube and train, then on foot! I am writing this on part 4 of my journey, ie the train!! Ending up at Edenham Regional Centre (ERC), near Bourne. So I'm back on pilgrimage/retreat again - with some misgivings as to Daff's health - but here goes.

(2)Despite what I said in a previous blog, my itinerary stays the same - it's just that parts of Brackley to Peterborough and Peterborough to Bourne remain to be walked, another time.

(3)My days of waiting have been interesting, trying to pretend I wasn't really in Porlock; however I enjoyed worshipping at Alcome twice yesterday and made brief appearances to choir and congregation at St Dubricius. It's made me more aware of subjects for prayer.

(4)Shortly before leaving, I became aware of a retreat house's library book I'd meant to return (whoops!!) - and will return it next week - it's called "Poustinia" by C de H Doherty - it's a spiritual classic.

(5)I must get my own copy, and one to lend - it's about the "Poustinik" - a sort of wandering hermit/pilgrim found historically in Russia - linked with with pilgrimage and driven underground during communism.

(6)A particular type of "Poustinik" is called a "Jurodinia" - one who feels the need to atone (by prayer and fasting) for those who have in the past, called God a "fool". The "Jurodinia" was, near-literally, become a 'fool for Christ'.

(7)Perhaps I need to become (even) more foolish? I will ponder this as I go on my way.

(8)May we all continue to do God's will and to be Christ to those we meet on the way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment