Wednesday 1 June 2016

Walk 16

June 1st.  Wed. Walk 16

Today walked from near Kilmington – from a church near the canal to 3 miles south of Brackley – a place called Croughton.

 It started off well – canal and footpaths; and a nice pub lunch. Then it started to go wrong; I tried to cross an airfield which was closed off. Eventually I went right around it ( and its old sign warning people about the official secrets act!) and then had to cross a main riad and the motorway – I ended up doing about ½ mile progress in an hour.

Eventually found a nice bridle path to the Blackbird Inn at Croughton where I sheltered from the pouring rain and entertained the local bar-propper-uppers by telling them about my pilgrimage. It was only when picked up by Daff that I realised how ill she was. Was it food-poisoning, we then thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment