Monday 27 June 2016

BLOG 11

Today I had only a very short walk to do, but I lengthened it by going backwards! It was planned from Worlaby to Barton-on-Humber, but I finished it with a walk back from B-on-H to Burnham, where my hosts live. The weather was still hot and humid, but I managed to avoid any rain.
 
 I couldn’t bring myself to focus on any psalm, though I read the first few verses of #107, which was similar to 106, but had a repeat refrain. However, a phrase from yesterday repeated in my mind: “walking in the way of the Lord” – it was my idea of the chorus for “Down by the riverside”. I also was struck by the line from the psalm about from the north, east, west and the sea/south – as I was to get my first glimpse of the Humber – the first real estuary I’d seen since the Bristol Channel.
 
I was quite moved to see it – and before it the towers of the famous bridge – I felt I had entered a new phase of my walk. I wrote several cards saying I’m about to walk over the bridge, and that I’m well over halfway.
 
I had a chat with a potato-grower and avoided another nearby crop-sprayer.
Tomorrow is my first day without a proper map – let’s hope I find my way, God willing – down by (and over) the riverside!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment