Thursday 23 June 2016

Blog 9

In a Rogation Sunday church I found this response with which I’ll start:

Every day I will bless the Lord

AND MAY THE GOD OF MY JOURNEY

MAKE THE WAY STARIGHT AND FIRM.

 

Today I’ve been staying with Dick and Di Fairhead – a lovely couple – and I walked a little with Dick – they’ve given me much encouragement (and hospitality).

 

I rewrote Psalm 102 – I think on this day. It seems to speak to me for Daff, but I’m not sure she feels the same.

(to state the obvious, clearly the author of this psalm has a very serious illness and presumably expects to die, so the analogy is not perfect).

Here goes…

 

Hear my prayer O Lord,

 Let my cry come unto you.

Let your ear turn to me,

 When I call, hear me too.

 

My days vanish like smoke

 My bones burn like cooling wood

My heart is withered like grass.

 I don’t eat, forget to have food.

 

My days pass as eventide,

 I wither away like grass.

But you, O Lord, are enthroned for ever

 Your caring love will never pass.

 

You will arise and show your love

 For Zion the time is near.

It is time to show compassion

 The nations will come to fear…

 

the name of the Lord, all the kings

 will proclaim your glory.

God will hear the desperate prayer

 God won’t despise our plea.

 

Let me write for a time to come:

 A generation not yet born…

to praise the Lord; God looked from high

 God’s heart from heaven was torn.

 

To view the earth, to hear the groans,

 To set the prisoners free,

His name will be praised in Zion–

For he comes to release me.

 

My strength left out of my life;

 God chose to cut short my days

I said: do not take me so soon.

 For true and just are your ways.

 

You created the heavens in breath

 The pillars of the world, you laid

Yet all will wear out like rags,

 You will change the clothes you’ve made.

 

But You remain the same,

 Your children will live forever.

Descendants established before you,

Your years will finish never.

 

So hear my prayer, O Lord

 Let my cry come unto You.

Let your ear turn to me,

 Heal the world and hear me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment